Saturday, September 19, 2009

Trip to San Antonio

Jackson and I drove down to San Antonio for my nephew's birthday. This was my first time driving a long distance (4.5 hrs) with Jackson by myself. Jarvis stayed behind because he had tickets to see a UFC fight and the Cowboy game in the new statium.

As you folks with children know, we become a slave to our children's schedule so it was important that we leave during jackson's nap time so I could get as much driving done while he was sound asleep. The plan was successful and he slept for the firs 2.5 hours. By the time he woke up we stopped so I could change him and feed him. Then back on the road for another 2 hrs. Well he wasn't so excited about that. He fussed for about 15 min then miraculously fell asleep again!! I guess the ride was too relaxing for him in the end or was tired of fussing and realized he couldn't get out.

We had a great time in San Antonio at Chuck E Cheese. I guess that will be us someday...parties for Jackson at Chuck E Cheese. At least jarvis and I love the pizza there! After the party we went to meet one of my best friends from high school and her mom. Jackson was excited to see them and it was great catching up with auntie april and her mom. The drive back was much of the same but we stopped off for a nice treat at the Kolache Bakery!


No comments: