Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jackson's 8 Months!!

Jackson has hit another milestone, 8 months! We didn't do a big celebration this month as today was not a good day for Jackson. He celebrated his birthday by visiting the allergist. We had a really severe reaction to milk based formula a couple of months ago so we decided to visit an allergist to find out if he has any other food allergies. After a series of prick tests on his back and Jarvis, the nurse and myself holding jackson down for 15 min while he wailed uncontrollably, we found out that he is allergic to:

Milk
Beef
Rice
Oat
Strawberries
Apples
Egg Whites
Chocolate

This was heartbreaking for me, as everyone who knows me knows I love to bake...Egg whites???... chocolate??? Just what on earth will I be able to bake him? Well the good news is that he might outgrow most of these and in a baked form he might be less allergic to some of these items.

At 8 months, Jackson is full on crawling, unless he needs to get somewhere fast then he resorts to his "army crawl." He's saying many constant sounds and is very good at immitating. He has become very good at pulling himself up on anything and everything. And, while I've been told he is progressing very fast for a boy, I still am determined to have him hit the next milestone as fast as he can. I guess that's the A type personality in overdrive:-) He is now the most crazy sleeper ever! He is all over the bed, on his stomach, his back, his side, butt in the air, tucked in the corner of his crib, on the left side, the right... all I know is I do not look forward to him getting in our bed when we go out of town, the only one who will be sleeping will be him!

No comments: